A wall is defined as a Party Wall under the Act if it stands on both sides of the boundary which delineates land owned by at least two different owners and the wall is used to separate said land. Note that wooden fences do not fall under the definition of a party wall under the Party Wall etc Act of 1996. A wall separating dwellings is also a party wall. A floor separating different dwellings is a party structure and is also covered by the Act.

Ken Mchale & Associates Limited.
Trading as KMASS.

Registered Office Hadley, The Mall, Park Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL2 2HT

London Office 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX

Company No. 3952568
VAT 755865679
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram