Yes. The Party Wall Act may supersede common law rights in certain circumstances. It will not do so in relation to construction works not specifically covered by the Act, and it may not unless all of the proper notices have been given and all other procedures have been properly implemented.

Must the Building Owner initiating work wait for one to two months after serving notice on neighbours before proceeding?

Work may begin early as long as all relevant Adjoining Owners agree in writing.

Ken Mchale & Associates Limited.
Trading as KMASS.

Registered Office Hadley, The Mall, Park Street, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL2 2HT

London Office 124 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX

Company No. 3952568
VAT 755865679
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram